We've identified an issue with a few Alienware users where if you try to launch the Tobii Eye Tracking software you get an error message saying "We're sorry..." or alike. You can try fixing this issue by performing a clean reinstallation of the Tobii software.
One of the options would be to add the permissions to the %ProgramData% folder by running a few commands. Please follow the instructions below.
- Type CMD into the Windows search bar.
- Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as admin.
- Then copy and paste and run each command line one by one and press Enter:
net stop "Tobii Service"
takeown /F %programdata%\Tobii\* /R
ICACLS %programdata%\Tobii /t /grant Everyone:(OI)(CI)M
net start "Tobii Service"
- Then restart the software and try again.
The second option would be to make a complete re-installation of the software.
- Uninstall all Tobii software from Programs and Features.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall EyeChip and make sure to also remove the driver software.
- Then please delete all the Tobii folders in the registry. Please be careful and only remove the mentioned folders as removing any other keys may cause issues to your PC. Enter the Registry Editor by typing "regedit" into the search bar and then press Enter.
You can find the Tobii registry folders under the following folders in the Registry Editor:
-- HKEY_CURRENT_USER --- SOFTWARE --- Tobii
-- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ---- SOFTWARE ---- WOW6432Node ---- Tobii
- Open Windows File Explorer and delete the Tobii and TetServer folders from the following directories (hidden folders):
- Restart your laptop to get the EyeChip driver re-installed.
- Download and install the latest software from here https://tobiigaming.com/getstarted. Please make sure to choose the right device before downloading the software.
We hope this will help some of you, if not please send us a support request.
Sorry for the inconvenience.