Windows Hello allows for a more natural way to access your Windows 10 device. With a simple look, your device knows it’s you – and only you. All this is now fully supported by the world’s first and only external eye tracker validated by Microsoft for facial recognition.The Windows Hello bio metric functionality relies on images provided by Tobii sensors, to harmonize with Microsoft’s face recognition algorithms. These algorithms determine the identity of the user, allowing them to log in securely to their devices
The Windows Hello bio metric functionality relies on images provided by Tobii sensors, to harmonize with Microsoft’s face recognition algorithms. These algorithms determine the identity of the user, allowing them to log in securely to their devices.
To be able to start using the Tobii Eye Tracker with Windows Hello, you will need to install the latest Tobii Eye Tracker software.
Set up and install the Tobii Eye Tracker
- Go to https://tobiigaming.com/getstarted/
- Click on the tab Tobii.
- Download and install the Tobii Eye Tracking Core Software.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- Open Settings by clicking on the Tobii Eye Tracker icon in the system tray and then press About.
- Choose to Check for Updates and install the update (this update will install the Tobii Face Authentication plugin).
Set up Windows Hello
- Open the Windows Start menu, select your Account and click on Change Account Settings.
- Select Sign-in options.
- To proceed, set up a PIN code.
- Click on the Add button under PIN and follow the next steps. Then the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.
- After successfully selecting a PIN, you’ll be able to choose Set Up under Face.
- If you’d like to get some more detailed background information on Windows Hello click Learn more or just click Get Started to continue.
- The camera in the Tobii Eye Tracker will now help you position yourself in front of the screen by showing a live stream through the camera. After positioning yourself successfully in front of the camera, the face recognition setup will begin automatically.
- Once you’ve successfully completed the set up, an option to Improve Recognition will be available. This can be quite useful if you wear glasses as it allows you to be recorded with or without them.