Our eye trackers have a unique tolerance for eye wear, variances in eye color or ambient light conditions. The eye trackers track each eye individually, and you can choose to track left, right or both eyes in the calibration settings.
- If you wear glasses, make sure they are smudge-free.
- Please make sure that if you sometimes wear glasses and sometimes don't, please create two calibration profiles and name them accordingly.
There are a certain types of glasses that could affect the accuracy and the precision of the gaze estimation.
- Bifocal, trifocal…, progressive
There are also a certain types of glass characteristics that could affect the NIR light from reaching your eyes.
- NIR blocking coatings will obstruct the eye tracker from detecting your eyes.
- NIR blocking glass material will obstruct the eye tracker from detecting your eyes.