Together with Overwolf, we're now happy to announce that Tobii Game Analyzer has been released. With Tobii Game Analyzer, you can get the analytics you need in order to improve your gameplay. It is custom built by gamers in order to cover the most crucial aspects of your gameplay such as region and game awareness and it will also present you with a heatmap of where most of your focus was during the entire gaming session.
The Tobii Game Analyzer app is exclusively built for owners of the Alienware 17 with integrated Tobii Eye Tracking, the Tobii Eye Tracker 4C, and the Tobii EyeX. The app will also be compatible with the SteelSeries Sentry and Predator monitors with integrated Tobii Eye Tracking.
Tobii Game Analyzer is an application that is only available in Overwolf. If you don't have Overwolf yet, head over to www.overwolf.com to grab the installer and get it installed on your PC.
To get the Tobii Game Analyzer app, open up Overwolf, go to the Store tab and search for Tobii and then click install. Once installed, launch the app via Overwolf so you can set up your profile with the supported games. Just save changes whenever you're ready.
Now, Tobii Game Analyzer is all set up with Overwolf, so Overwolf's Game Summary will now display your eye tracking metrics. In the app, you can read more about each metric and how they work.
Please note that the collected statistics will only be displayed in Overwolf's Game Summary after you've quit your game.
With Region Awareness also known in Game Summary as Radar Awareness and Minimap Awareness, you can see when you were looking at the minimap and the average time frames between looking. This is used to measure how often you are looking at the minimap/radar and then you can match that with your deaths and kills. You can choose to only show deaths or/and kills by clicking the icons in the right-hand corner.
With Game Awareness, you will be able to see the score of how your focus has been on the game itself without looking away from the game during a match.
The heatmap will grab a randomized screenshot and show you where your eyes were focused throughout the whole game session.
With Region Awareness you can use the timeline on the bottom to zoom in to see certain timestamps. For even more details, hover over the graph to see the date, time and time since you last looked at the region. To go back to the full overview, you need to select the whole timeline.
Are you not getting the Game Summary when you have quit your game?
- Verify that Overwolf has actually installed Game Summary. You can check this in Settings - Support - Development options - then click Show built-in packages and check for Game Summary. If you can't find it, please reinstall Overwolf.
- Check that you have turned on Game Summary for your game. You can check this in the Overwolf app - Library - then select your game in the sidebar. Under Enable Game Summary, make sure that Game Summary is turned ON.
If you're not getting a Game Summary when you quit your game, please contact Overwolf support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can't see the eye tracking statistics in the Game Summary?
- Double-check that the Tobii Game Analyzer app is installed by checking your list of installed apps in the Overwolf Library.
- Maybe the Tobii Game Analyzer app didn't auto-launch when you started your game. To check this, go to the Overwolf app - Library - then select your game in the sidebar. Under Apps with auto-launch, make sure that Tobii Game Analyzer is turned ON.
If you're not getting any Tobii Game Analyzer statistics in the Game Summary, please check for any errors.
- When the Game Summary window is open, open up the Tobii Game Analyzer app.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + i to open up a console.
- Verify that there are no errors.
- If there are any errors, please submit a ticket to us with the details.
- Please also include the following log files:
- %localappdata%\Overwolf\BrowserCache\Local Storage\leveldb
- %localappdata%\Overwolf\Log\Apps\Tobii Game Analyzer
- %localappdata%\Overwolf\Log\Apps\Game Summary