1. Mount the Eye Tracker 5 with one of the following options. Metal Plate Mount (1) or our Flex Mount (2).
Regardless of mounting option. Ensure the surface is clean and dry before mounting.
Metal Plate Mount (1) - Attach to the middle of the bottom bezel.
Flex mount (2) - Stick the flex mount just underneath your screen bezel. It is important that you mount it in the middle. Wait a few hours before placing your eye tracker's weight on it.
2. Attach your eye tracker to the mount and plug it into your PC.
3. The driver should automatically be downloaded and installed via Windows Update. You should hear USB connection and disconnection sounds as the drivers are installed. If not, please use this offline installer. After a successful driver installation, Tobii Experience should automatically be downloaded and launched.
4. Time to calibrate, sit comfortably like you do when you play games.
- Display setup. This aligns your eye tracker with the physical size of your monitor.
Line up the physical lines on top of the eye tracker with the dotted white lines on your monitor.
- This is the trackbox, how your eye tracker sees you. Being close to the middle is better. Gives you more leeway if you happen to move up, down, left, right.
This is adjusted by the angle of your monitor, your chair height, or how you've angled the flex mount.
- Time for the actual calibration. Look at the center of each dot until they explode and then move to the next.
- Success! You can test your calibration with this window open. See how the bubble moves around and see if it's accurate. Note that this is just for testing and can safely be closed and the eye tracker keeps working.
- If you got distracted during the calibration or it's off in general you can improve it by hitting your profile name.
- If you have glasses and sometimes use contacts we strongly advise you to have two calibrations.
This can be found by clicking the same menu as the screenshot above but at the bottom of that page.
5. Download the Mobalytics app and follow this guide to set up eye tracking within the app. As an added step to keep your gameplay experience the same, you have the option of disabling all overlay features by going into settings located in the top right corner.