Your computer comes shipped with the Tobii Experience app and the required drivers, but in case you can't find the app or if it's not working correctly, here is a short guide of how you get the app and the required drivers.
Check the following
- Go to Settings - Updates & Security. Click Check for updates to find all the required Tobii drivers. Then please install.
- Then search for the Tobii Experience application in your Windows start menu, if you can't find it installed, you can download it from the Microsoft store here.
- If you don't have Tobii Experience drivers installed first, you might run into issues while installing the Tobii Experience App.
To download applications from the Microsoft store, make sure that you have the correct time zone set in Date & Time settings in Windows.
Please also check if the Tobii Service is running in Services.
- To bring up Services, right-click on your start menu icon and open up Task Manager and then go to the tab Services.
- If it's set to Stopped, please start it manually and check if your eye tracker has been detected by the software.
If the Tobii Service is not present at all, you have to run a separate installer.
Install the following
Please make sure to click the right product below.
- Please go to Alienware Area-51m driver page on dell.com.
- Please go to Alienware m15 driver page on dell.com.
- Please go to Alienware m17 driver page on dell.com.
- Search and download Tobii Experience drivers and Tobii Experience App.
- Run the Tobii Experience drivers installer application. Please make sure to run it as an Administrator.
- Extract Tobii Experience drivers.
- Once extracted, press View folder.
- Then run the application called Middleware_Bundle_vX.exe
- Run the Tobii Experience App installer application (Please make sure to run it as Administrator)
- Then install the Tobii Experience App.
- Once installed, go to Task Manager - Services and check if the Tobii Service is running.
- If it's not running, please right-click and choose Start.
If you have the Tobii Experience app installed
- Restart and open up Tobii Experience and see if your eye tracker is now up and running.
If you don't have the Tobii Experience app installed
- Restart your laptop and open up Microsoft Store and see if you can download the app.