- If you have installed a different bundle from the one you're trying to install, it might fail to install. For example, you installed Alienware Eye Tracking Core software, but now you're trying to install the Tobii Aware bundle. To fix this, you'll need to perform a clean installation. Find the instructions at the bottom of this page.
- If the installation won't finish, please make sure to repair all of the required Microsoft VC redistributable packages x64 and x86 (2010, 2012, 2013, 2015) and also make sure you have .NET Framework properly installed. Then try installing the software again.
- If you can't perform a Display setup for the eye tracker peripherals, please make sure that you don't have a virtual monitor driver or such that could prevent our software from reading your monitor's driver. It is common that remote control applications such as TeamViewer and Splashtop create a virtual monitor driver, so to successfully do a display setup, please uninstall any applications that might conflict and then reinstall the Tobii software and do the setup. Once the setup has been done, you can install the remote control application again.
- If you're having issues setting up, it could be caused by a corrupt installation which could happen if your VC redistributable packages aren't healthy. Do a clean uninstall of the Tobii software (instructions on the bottom of this page) and then repair all of your Microsoft VC redistributable packages x64 and x86 (2010, 2012, 2013, 2015) and also make sure you have .NET Framework properly installed. Then try installing the software again.
Clean installation guide for Tobii Core software
Please note that this guide does not apply to the Tobii Experience app.
- Uninstall all Tobii software from Programs and Features.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall EyeChip and make sure to also remove the driver software.
For IS3 devices (EyeX, SteelSeries Sentry, MSI GT72) the driver will instead be named EyeX Controller and will be located under Eye Tracking Devices in Device Manager.
- Then please delete all the Tobii folders in the registry. Please be careful and only remove the mentioned folders as removing any other keys may cause issues to your PC. Enter the Registry Editor by typing "regedit" into the search bar and then press Enter.
You can find the Tobii registry folders under the following folders in the Registry Editor:
-- HKEY_CURRENT_USER --- SOFTWARE --- Tobii
-- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ---- SOFTWARE ---- WOW6432Node ---- Tobii
- Open Windows File Explorer and delete the Tobii and TetServer folders from the following directories (hidden folders):
- Restart your laptop to get the EyeChip or EyeX Controller driver re-installed.
- Download and install the latest software from here https://tobiigaming.com/getstarted. Please make sure to choose the right device before downloading the software.
Here is the instructional video on Youtube for the clean installation.