In case your Tobii EyeX Controller is connected to a USB 3.0 port and it still doesn’t appear to function or in the case you're receiving USB 3.0 error messages, please follow the suggested solutions below.
- Ensure you’re using the USB 3.0 cable provided by us.
- Make sure that the USB 3.0 cable is not faulty.
- Make sure it is properly connected to both the Tobii EyeX Controller as well as the computer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the Tobii EyeX and reconnect it again (leave it connected to the PC during that procedure).
- Make sure that the Tobii EyeX Controller is connected to a USB 3.0 port with no extension cable in between.
In case you're still experiencing issues after following the suggestions above, then please try the following suggestions below.
- Open Device manager and expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers”.
- Look up your USB 3.0 controller and double click it.
- Open the Driver tab and check the driver date and the driver version.
- The driver date should not be older than from 2014.
- Compare the driver version installed on your PC with what drivers are available online, the easiest way is to google your USB 3.0 host controller.
- If you find a later version, please download and update the driver.
Currently known issues
In case you have an ASMedia USB 3.0 controller, there's a known issue that in some cases they do not support enough bandwidth for the EyeX to run. If you have an ASMedia USB 3.0 controller and you can't use your EyeX, try the following:
- Move all your other devices to another USB controller to give more bandwidth for the eye tracker.
- Try plugging in the eye tracker into a USB 2.0 port to install the drivers and the firmware update, then move back the eye tracker to your USB 3.0 port.
So if you have an ASMedia USB 3.0 controller and none of the alternatives above help, we recommend you to get a new USB 3.0 controller installed. If you're still having issues, please submit a request and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Please sign in to leave a comment.