Integrating customer feedback from existing Tobii EyeX gamers, we made five key advancements for the Tobii Eye Tracker 4C.
- Adding head tracking functionality, making it the only gaming device to provide simultaneous head and eye tracking capabilities, which provides a superior experience in simulator game titles like Elite: Dangerous.
- Adding Tobii EyeChip, the world's first ASIC, to reduce CPU load and power consumption from the host computer.
- Decreasing the size and visibility of the illuminators.
- Moving to an integrated USB 2.0 cord (USB 2.0 BC 1.2) to increase the amount of compatible host devices.
- Further advancing its industry-leading eye tracking quality with additional performance enhancements.
|Tobii Eye Tracker 4C||Tobii EyeX|
|Size||17 x 15 x 335 mm
(0.66 x 0.6 x 13.1 in)
|20 x 15 x 318 mm
(0.8 x 0.6 x 12.5 in)
|Weight||95 grams (0.21 lbs)||91 grams (0.2 lb)|
|Recommended Max Screen Size||27 inches with 16:9 Aspect Ratio
30 inches with 21:9 Aspect Ratio
|Operating Distance||20 - 37" / 50 - 95 cm||20 - 35" / 50 - 90 cm|
|Track Box Dimensions||16 x 12" / 40 x 30 cm at 29.5" / 75 cm||16 x 12" / 40 x 30 cm at 29.5" / 75 cm|
|Connectivity||USB 2.0 (integrated cord, USB 2.0 BC 1.2)||USB 3.0 (separate cord)|
|USB Cable Length||80 cm||180 cm|
|Head Tracking||Yes (not powered by EyeChip)||No|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 (64-bit only)||
Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 (64-bit only)
|CPU Load||1% (Core i7)*||
|Power Consumption||2.0 Watt**||4.5 Watt|
|USB Data Transfer Rate||100KB/s||20MB/s|
|Frequency||90 Hz||70 Hz|
Near Infrared (NIR 850nm) Only
|Backlight Assisted Near Infrared
(NIR 850nm + red light (650nm))
* Head tracking is not powered by the EyeChip so it may increase your CPU load.
** The average power consumption during usage is 2.0W, but the eye trackers power consumption can spike up to 5-6W depending on the use case. For example, when the illuminators first turn on, the consumption can briefly spike (matter of milliseconds) at around 5-6W. The Tobii Eye Tracker 4C officially works with USB 2.0 BC1.2 which can handle spikes up to 7.5W.