Before the summer, SCS software released an update for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator that included source integrated eye and head tracking support. Since then we've received some really awesome feedback from you guys and we've been able to act on some of them.
So, we teamed up with SCS software to make these changes happen, and now they're released in the 1.36 update. Check out the improvements below.
- Settings and sliders now show descriptions on hover explaining what each setting does.
- Head tracking (position and roll) are now marked as experimental.
- Reset Head now resets both position and rotation, not just position and roll (if Autocenter wasn’t enabled).
- UI improvements with better categorization.
- Added a new feature called Pause Extended View (currently experimental), so players can pause the use of eye and head tracking at any time while playing. This is especially neat for streamers who occasionally check out their chat.
- Updated the default values.
- Sliders now display values.
- Updated copy.