What is new with IS5?
- A brand new custom EyeSensor which is specially designed and optimized for eye tracking. Thanks to this the IR lights do not need to be lit as much as on previous platforms.
- Invisible eye tracking with the new 940nm illuminators. If you've used any of the older platforms the first thing you'll notice is the eye tracking NIR (near-infrared) illuminators are completely invisible to the human eye.
- A modular design which has a 60% smaller footprint than its predecessor, enabling integrations in smaller and thinner devices.
- Up to 75% more power-efficient than IS4, enabling a longer battery in portable devices.
- Enhancements to the eye tracking algorithms for better tracking under difficult conditions.
If you're curious to see the NIR illuminators you can use most phone cameras. Note that some iPhone devices have an IR filter on the back camera which prevents you from seeing them. Try the front camera instead.