There can be a conflict between virtual simulation software or control devices such as TrackIR, OpenTrack, FaceTrackNoIR, vJoy, VR drivers etc., and Tobii in some games, for example, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and Farming Simulator 22. This is because some games can prioritize one device over the other. For example, FaceTrackNoIR can be used to emulate TrackIR devices using misc. input devices (including Tobii devices).
So, in case of conflict with your Tobii device, you need to disable any TrackIR devices or emulation.
If you want to use your Tobii device, try any of the following:
- Disable TrackIR in the in-game controls menu
Please note that this currently also disables your Tobii device in MSFS2020
- If you are using FaceTrackNoIR - in the app, turn off TrackIR in the FreeTrack settings
- Disable TrackIR in Device Manager - then reset the control scheme in-game
- Uninstall TrackIR, OpenTrack, and/or FaceTrackNoIR - then reset the control scheme in-game
- If your game has a configuration file - disable the other tracking device by editing it
See the example from Farming Simulator 22's game.xml file below.
For Farming Simulator 22
You can disable TrackIR or FaceTrackNoIR by editing the game's game.xml file. See the example below.
When you install FaceTrackNoIR you can choose to install the Freetrack Protocol 2.0 pack which contains 5 files. One of the files named NPClient64.dll can cause a conflict with your Tobii device, so you can delete that file to stop the conflict. It should be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Abbequerque Inc\FaceTrackNoIR_v200.