Once your Tobii Eye Tracker 5 is plugged in, Windows will install the driver and Tobii Experience automagically. However, if anything goes wrong, follow the steps below.
If you are using Windows 10 N, make sure to install the Windows Media Feature Pack.
Check the following
- Go to Device Manager - USB devices and right-click on EyeChip and click Update Driver
If you don't have EyeChip, please use the offline installer.
Please note that you need to have the driver installed before you can get the Tobii Experience app.
- If you are not getting the Tobii Experience app automatically installed within a few minutes of plugging in your eye tracker, download it from the Microsoft store here and install it manually.
To download applications from the Microsoft Store, make sure that you have the correct time zone set in Date & Time settings in Windows.
- If the installation of the app won't finish or if the app is not working as it should, please make sure that you have installed all of the required Microsoft VC redistributable packages x64 and x86 (2010, 2012, 2013, 2017) and also make sure you have .NET Framework properly installed. If you have all of them, try repairing or reinstalling them.
If everything is installed and looking good, but you have an error message like the one above, please check if the Tobii Service ,Tobii Eye Tracker Generic service and Tobii Runtime Service are running in Services.
- To bring up Services, right-click on your start menu icon and open up Task Manager and then go to the tab Services.
- If it's set to Stopped, please start it manually and check if your eye tracker has been detected by the software
- If you can't perform a Display setup, please make sure that you don't have a virtual monitor driver or such that could prevent our software from reading your monitor's driver. It is common that remote control applications such as TeamViewer and Splashtop create a virtual monitor driver, so to successfully do a display setup, please uninstall any applications that might conflict and then reinstall the Tobii software and do the setup. Once the setup has been done, you can install the remote control application again.