Please note that this is only applicable for Alienware models that are compatible with the Tobii Experience app.
Your computer comes shipped with the Tobii Experience app and the required drivers, but in case you can't find the app or if it's not working correctly, here is a short guide of how you get the required drivers and the app.
Check the following
- Go to Settings - Updates & Security. Click Check for updates to find all the required Tobii drivers and install. If you are not receiving it through Windows Update, please visit Dell.com and look for the drivers for your model and download it manually there. The driver will be named Tobii Experience drivers
- Then search for the Tobii Experience application in your Windows start menu, if you can't find it installed, you can download it from the Microsoft store here.
- If you don't have Tobii Experience drivers installed first, you will not be able to install the Tobii Experience App.
Also, to download applications from the Microsoft store, make sure that you have the correct time zone set in Date & Time settings in Windows.
Please also check if the Tobii Service is running in Services.
- To bring up Services, right-click on your start menu icon and open up Task Manager and then go to the tab Services.
- If it's set to Stopped, please start it manually and check if your eye tracker has been detected by the software.
If the Tobii Service is not present at all, you have to run a separate installer.
Install the drivers
- Visit the driver download page for your device on dell.com
- Search and download the Tobii Experience drivers and Tobii Experience App.
- Run the Tobii Experience drivers installer application. Please make sure to run it as an Administrator.
Extract Tobii Experience drivers.
- Once extracted, press View folder.
- Then run the application called Middleware_Bundle_vX.exe
- Run the Tobii Experience App installer application (Please make sure to run it as Administrator)
- Then install the Tobii Experience App.
- Once installed, go to Task Manager - Services and check if the Tobii Service is running.
- If it's not running, please right-click and choose Start.
If you have the Tobii Experience app installed
- Restart and open up Tobii Experience and see if your eye tracker is now up and running.
If you don't have the Tobii Experience app installed
- Restart your laptop and open up Microsoft Store and see if you can download the app.